It’s been gray three days in a row, and this gets to me rapidly, so I thought I would quickly list things that make me smile, apart from nice pink trees:
- Runny eggs, or death!
- Well-seasoned food
- Cherry blossoms, daffodils, yellow tulips
- The produce section of grocery stores, especially fat lemons and shiny chilis
- Cats on the street… and animals doing funny things on Instagram
- People walking their dogs, or rather, the dogs being walked by their owners
- Bread and bakeries, soup and ramen
- Rattan baskets and cozy interior design, meaning lots of houseplants
- New buds on plants and big trees that has lived many lives
- The smell of books, picture books, children’s books
- Fachwerkhäuser and cobbled-stone paths, small cafes in Altstädte, even though their food is rarely worth the price
- Holunderblütte fizzy drink, always with frozen berries or it does not work
- Squirrels, moss
- Hot chocolate, chai, and tea pots, not too crazy about tea cups, they seem to be too small. Does anyone have satisfying tea in that?
- Drukmo Gyal singing Tibetan Mantra Healing, scoffed at Mantra singing in Yoga Teacher Training school, probably because the guy was only performing and a little sleazy, and the sincerity and knowledge of Drukmo got to me
- Cooking shows, recipe testing, and weekend markets
- Pajamas, is there ever enough pajamas?
Now it started to rain and the sound the tiny raindrops make is so relaxing. I suppose I will look out of the window for a little bit and listen to nature’s music. How are you going? Would like to hear a few things that make you smile, too!