Community is one of the best things about blogging. It keeps us going! Big thanks to Nath and Janis for the Inspiring Bloggers tag. We really appreciate you all so much. Thank you for your perspectives, comments, and blog friendship. Below are our our answers to your questions.
From Nath of Oh, Nath:
1. Describe life in three words.
Markus: Potential, choice, growth.
Micah: Flowing, ridiculous, it is what we make it.
2. Visualize visiting your future self, what would be your advice or message?
Markus: I hope you didn’t rush or were too serious.
Micah: Just laugh at it all.
3. Have you done something that you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up enjoying it? If so, what is it?
Markus: Gardening. I always thought it tedious, but thanks to Micah’s gentle encouragement, I found it rewarding in the end.
Micah: Driving. I was so lazy to learn how to drive but I am glad Markus
nagged encouraged me every day to practice and was so patient in teaching me.
4. What values are most important to you?
Markus: Freedom and empowerment.
Micah: Freedom and peace.
5. Do you read self-help books? What would you recommend?
Markus: What helps me most are new perspectives, so perhaps Homo Deus.
From Janis of the Momshie Diaries:
1. Tell me about what other things you enjoy doing besides blogging?
Markus: Traveling and intense conversations.
Micah: Moving my body, gardening, and everything about food.
2. Have you finished a book or a film recently? How was it?
Markus: The Meaning of Life – Perspectives from the World’s Great Intellectual Traditions. Audiobook by Jay L. Garfield. Very engaging and well-presented, I enjoyed it a lot.
Micah: I read Figuring over the summer. It was glorious – intelligent and poetic.
3. In which country do you live in? How do you find it?
Markus: Germany. It has a lot of things I like – diverse cultures, complex history, and a vocal civil society. Growing up, it gave me a neatly structured path for life, which is why I had to leave for a while. Here is a little bit about our background.
Micah: I am from The Philippines. In the past years, we were in Bali, Indonesia a lot. The Ph has lovely nature and weather. It can be really lovely if you stay in the provinces. In Bali, I have so much respect for how the people continue to practice their local culture despite massive exposure to the Western lifestyle.
4. What is your favorite blog post ever and why?
Markus: I always enjoy engaging with comments on any of our posts. The one I enjoyed writing the most was Regenerative Systems, because I really think it has limitless potential.
Micah: Ever is hard to say, this is a new blog, after all! So far, I am happy how our post How to live slow and have a more meaningful life seems to have resonated with people.
5. If you can permanently live in a country of your choice, where would that be and why?
Markus: If I can always choose a country, I will keep choosing a different one. Diversity keeps me going.
Micah: I love moving and being curious; not sure when I will want to stay in a country permanently. Or if ever.
We would like to pass the Inspiring Bloggers tag to YOU reading this right now because we would love to get to know you more – really, please indulge us!
Here are our questions for you:
- When was the last time you did something for the first time?
- What is the perfect day like for you?
- Would you kill for the common good?
- If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would you choose?
- When was the last time you truly dedicated time for yourself?
The rules for this tag are the following:
- Thank the person who chose you.
- Include the logo in your post.
- Answer the questions asked to you.
- Choose the bloggers who’ve inspired you (maximum 10.)
- Add a feature of their blog which you admire.
- Ask them five questions.
We are looking forward to reading your answers, dear blog friends. Thank you for motivating us and being with us this first few months of our blog. It means a lot to us. We appreciate and celebrate you all!